@labxNAS hosted an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit 4/20
Monday, April 20, LabX hosted an interactive Ask Me Anything discussion about the health effects of cannabis and the emerging evidence about adult-use legalization. Our experts (listed below) answered questions about the current state of cannabis research, discussed how laboratory research is being implemented clinically, and talked about the implications on policy.
In particular, we highlighted the 2017 report “The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids” from the National Research Council, which explored the existing research on the health impacts of cannabis and included several conclusions and recommendations for scientific researchers, medical professionals, policymakers and the general public.
- Ziva Cooper, Research Director for UCLA’s Cannabis Research Initiative and Associate Professor at the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior and Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences
- John Kagia, Chief Knowledge Officer, New Frontier Data
- Beau Kilmer, director of the RAND Drug Policy Research Center
- Bryce Pardo, associate policy researcher at the RAND Corporation
- Rosanna Smart, economist at the RAND Corporation and a member of the Pardee RAND Graduate School faculty
Over 30 questions were answered by panelists
6 Awards (given by other Redditors using virtual currency)