LabX Plastic Games Challenge 2 - Recycling Bin Trick Shot
Welcome back to the second week of the Plastic Games! We are coming off an exciting Week One where the creativity and ingenuity of our athletes did not disappoint. Our expectations were high, but their towers were higher! Check back on Wednesday at 4 pm ET to see who emerged victorious! Winners will be announced here as well as on social media at @LabxNAS on Facebook and @LabxNAS on Twitter. Find the games on social media #LabXPlasticGames. Please read the full rules below on this page.
CHALLENGE 2 – RECYCLING BIN TRICK SHOT
May 11 – 17
Your Week Two challenge is to film your most impressive Recycling Bin Trick Shot. Submissions will be judged on degree of difficulty such as distance from the bin, type of plastic projectile used, and obstacles avoided. Feel free to get creative here, if throwing isn’t your strong suit feel free to kick, putt, or bounce your plastic into the bin. You do not need to be on screen for your video, just make sure we can clearly see the shot. And please make sure whatever object you use is in fact recyclable!!
To be eligible for a prize don’t forget to tag @labxNAS and #LabXPlasticGames and include the following language in your post: “I have read and agree to be bound by the rules of the LabX Plastic Games.” IMPORTANT: make sure your post is set to public so we can see your entry. Ask your friends to like your post/tweet to try to win the Peoples Choice Award!
HOW IT WORKS:
The Plastic Games will run from May 4th to May 24th
Every Monday at 4 pm ET LabX will post a new weekly challenge on our website along with the judging criteria.
Players will then have until Sunday at 5 pm ET to submit a photo or video of their completed challenge to Facebook or Twitter. All posts should tag @labxNAS and #LabXPlasticGames and must include the following language: “I have read and agree to be bound by the rules of the LabX Plastic Games.” This wording can be written as part of the original submission, as a comment on the original submission, or as a direct message to LabX. Players who fail to complete this step will be ineligible for prizes.
Judging and Prizes
The top three highest scoring submissions each week, as determined by the esteemed Socially-Distant Games Committee, along with the winner of the People’s Choice Award will each win a $20 electronic Amazon gift card. Additionally, the seven players with the highest cumulative points across all three weekly challenges will each win a $50 electronic Amazon gift card.
Let the Games begin!
Your participation in the LabX Plastic Games assumes your acceptance of the full rules on this page.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
RulesPlease review the following guidelines for the LabX Plastic Games (“Games”). By submitting content for the Games, all participants acknowledge they have read and understood the terms and conditions laid out below. Who can participate?
- The Games are open to anyone 18 years of age or older. We welcome collaborative submissions if individuals want to form teams, but please abide by relevant social distancing guidelines in your community.
- An individual or team should provide only one submission per challenge.
- Staff and family members of the National Academy of Sciences are encouraged to participate in the Games, however they will be ineligible to win prizes. It is the responsibility of participants to provide this information to LabX.
- Do not include copyrighted media like music, voiceovers, visual art, or trademarks created or owned by third parties unless you have written permission from the copyright holder.
- Players have until Sunday at 5 pm ET to submit a photo or video of their completed challenge to Facebook or Twitter. All posts should tag @labxNAS and #LabXPlasticGames and must include the following language: “I have read and agree to be bound by the rules of the LabX Plastic Games.” This wording can be written as part of the original submission, as a comment on the original submission, or as a direct message to LabX. Players who fail to complete this step will be ineligible for prizes.
- Submissions used by LabX do not necessarily reflect the views of LabX or the National Academy of Sciences (“NAS”) and in no event shall NAS assume or have any responsibility or liability for any submission used by LabX.
- Each week’s challenge will be judged on a different set of criteria that will be made available online on Mondays when the challenge is unveiled.
- All submissions will be judged by the venerable Games Committee (read: LabX staff), who in their free time practice social distancing and equitable judging. All decisions made by the Committee are final.
- LabX reserves the right to retweet and repost eligible submissions on its own social media channels.
- Whichever submission receives the most “likes” on the platform where it was submitted by Sunday at 5 pm EST when the challenge closes will win the People’s Choice Award. The Committee will announce the three highest scoring submissions along with the People’s Choice Award winner on Wednesdays at 4 pm on the LabX website and social media.
- Prizes will be distributed as e-gift cards. Winning participants must email the LabX team at email@example.com within 48 hours of their submissions being selected. If participants fail to do so, LabX reserves the right to offer the prize to another participant.
- If one of the winning submissions comes from a team, the team will receive only a single prize. The team is responsible for determining how to split the prize among individuals.
- LabX retains the right to remove any content that violates the rules laid out here or is deemed inappropriate. This includes submissions as well as comments or reactions from participants on other people’s submissions.
- By submitting content for the Games, each team and each team member represents and warrants that:
o The team and its members are the sole authors, creators, and owners of each entry;
o The submission does not violate any applicable laws;
o The submission does not infringe upon or violate intellectual property rights held by any third person or party; and
o The team members will abide by and are in compliance with all requirements of Twitter or Facebook.
- By submitting content for the Games, each entrant and each team member agrees to:
o Comply with and be bound by the official rules and decisions of LabX;
o Release and hold harmless NAS from any claims, expenses, and liability relating to participating in the Games.
- Any federal, state, and local taxes, and all similar fees and assessments, are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients.
- These Games are void where prohibited. The Games shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia.
- You betcha. You may email the Head Game Commissioner Rick Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org