Theme-inspired Cocktail for Episode 2
● 4 1/2 cups apple cider
● 1 tablespoon orange juice
● 1 whole cinnamon stick
● 3 whole cloves
● 1 whole star anise
● 8 ounces bourbon or whiskey
● Apple and orange slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish
For the Hot Cider
1. Place the apple cider, cinnamon stick, orange juice, cloves and star anise in a small pot and bring to a boil.
2. Lower the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, remove from the heat and strain into 4 mugs.
To make the Cocktail
1. Add 2 ounces of bourbon or whiskey to each mug.
2. Garnish with apple and orange slices and cinnamon stick. Serve warm.
Ready in 15 Minutes
● Be sure to add the alcohol to the cider mix AFTER it is warmed.
● You can make this recipe in a slow cooker! Simply add everything into the pot & cook on low for at least 30 minutes. Ladle into mugs & add your alcohol if desired. You can add your apple and orange slices in as it cooks as well!